Learning Comment:
Through this task I have gained a greater knowledge of both the major and minor film producers and distributors that dominate the media scene. I now know important information related to them such as their founders, where they're based and their most popular/famous films they've produced. By knowing this, I can recognise the common characteristics associated with each one and could identify the producer simply by watching the film. For example, Dreamworks Studio mostly creates fun and family friendly films with a seeming emphasis on adapting children books. Whereas a distributor such as Vertigo has a much more indie and unique style which I prefer and thus would want to have distributing and producing my own production. Furthermore, a production company such as Columbia Pictures would creating larger and more block buster films due to it's large budget and so it's style would be quite extravagant and dramatic. I have learnt that a producers style should be evident even within the opening sequence and that the logo for each producer/distributor should be instantly recognisable. I will try and apply this to my opening sequence and if I have to choose an already existing one then I have the information available to me to make an informed choice of which will be most suitable and beneficial for my own film.
No comments:
Post a Comment